Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: FOR SALE: AG clothes, accessories, books

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cjorden's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My daughter is parting with her AG collection. Everything is very gently used - from a smoke-free, pet-free home. I can e-mail pictures of anything you would like. Buyer to pay actual shipping costs. Thanks for looking!

    Carolyn


    Samantha's summer outfit with nature paraphernalia and shoes - $40.00

    Samantha's commode - $28.00

    Samantha's nighttime necessities - $14.00

    Kit's nighttime necessities (no lamp - only the phone and book) - $10.00

    Kit's beach pajamas and slippers - $15.00

    Josephina's nina doll - $11.00

    Josephina's weaving outfit - $20.00

    Josephina's indigo skirt and camisa - $16.00

    RETIRED - American Girl Today Jr. Bridesmaid outfit (very pretty light green 2 piece satin outfit with beaded front and white patton shoes) AND the Flowers and Favors accessories (2 rice bags, comb with flowers for hair, bouquet, white china plate with chocolate cake, wrapped gift, 2 white pearl bracelets - one for the doll and one for her owner) - $40.00

    BOOKS:

    Kit Learns a Lesson - $3.00

    Josephina Learns a Lesson - $3.00

    Samantha Saves the Day - $3.00

    Kirsten's Surprise - $3.00

    Happy Birthday Samantha - $3.00
    All 5 of the above books for $12.00!

    Welcome to Samantha's World 1904 - hardback - $11.00

    Welcome to Josephina's World 1824 - hardback - $11.00
    Both of the "Welcome to.." books for $20.00!

    The American Girls Art Studio Samantha - one page colored - comes with book, 6 colored pencils, and blending tool - $10.00

    AG Library Tiny Treasures - Miniatures you can make - $7.00

    AG Library Letter Art - $5.00
    Both of the AG Library books for $10.00!

    She also has the American Girl mini-room "Loft Apartment" for sale.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You're welcome to leave your list, Carolyn.

    Thanks for telling us more about yourself!

    It's fine that you mentioned Girls Inc, because you were just answering our questions. But I just want to remind all those who will post after you and I here that we are not going to get back into a debate on the pros and cons of Girls Inc (See sticky "A Ban-able Offense") [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Since that is the reason for your daughter's decision, though, she might want to know that I heard in the news a few days ago that AG will be discontinuing its affiliation with Girls, Inc, on December 26.

    We hope that you might find yourself hanging out with us now and then, even though you don't feel like it right now.

    Peace be with you,
    Joy [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 04, 2005 01:15 AM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member historylover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2005
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Joy, I am not going to get into a debate about the Girls, Inc. thing. I just wanted to tell you thank you for posting what you had heard. I had not heard that the relationship would be dissolved and I greatly appreciate your posting what you had heard. I am very pleased by your information.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 04, 2005 02:44 AM: Message edited by: historylover ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you, historylover.

    Please everyone else, let's not have a back-and-forth on who's pleased and who is not. I would not have brought it up except for its being the reason for someone to sell their collection. Perhaps I should have emailed her privately. Our board has been mercifully quiet on this one, and I'd like to keep it that way, ok?

    Thanks,
    Joy

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome to the board!Good luck with your sales!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member TexasMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Everyone! I purchased some items from Carolyn on another board. She has been great to work with. My items shipped yesterday, so I will let everyone know as soon as they arrive.

    (Her pictures were beautiful - sets complete, etc!)

    Faith

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome!!! Good luck with your sales [img]smile.gif[/img] .

  8. #8
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Carolyn, Thank you for thinking of us.

    At the same time, we would like you to enjoy your time here in other ways too, aside from selling things. We prefer that our message board is used for more than selling. And sometimes the members here like to know a person a little bit before buying things from them. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Do you have some AG dolls yourself? Do you have any interesting AG pictures or photo-story albums? Or any heartwarming or funny stories to tell of your or your daughter's experiences with the dolls?

    Is your daughter sure that she wants to part with so many treasures? If she thinks that she's "too old" for them, sometimes if a mom hides them away until she passes that phase and reaches college age, they become treasures again. The age range in this club is usually from around age 6 to around age 73, so we know from experience that no one is really too old for these dolls. But sometimes jr hi and high school girls go through a phase in which they may think that they are too old, sometimes due to peer pressure. If you send her our way, maybe we can talk her out of getting rid of all these treasures. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    In any case, welcome to our board. We hope that you and your daughter will have many fun moments here. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Joy [img]cool.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member cjorden's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I apologize if this is not an appropriate board to post "for sale" items. One of your members recommended that I post our list here. Feel free to remove my post if I am out of place with selling. Thank you for your reply!

    Carolyn

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Originally posted by cjj:
    I apologize if this is not an appropriate board to post "for sale" items. One of your members recommended that I post our list here. Feel free to remove my post if I am out of place with selling. Thank you for your reply!

    Carolyn
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am not a moderator, but I just wanted to say that I don't think that it is inappropriate for you to post a "for sale" thread here, but at the same time, it would be nice if you introduced yourself first. Like djsnlones asked, do you have any AG stuff yourself? Why is your daughter selling her AG things? How did you first get into AG?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •